Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sewing a bib...easy?

Cat Bib
This should have been really simple. A bib. How hard can that be? Well, I started this one then left it sitting half finished for a few weeks. Basically I was very intimidated by the binding. I haven't made or sewn binding other than in the Kimono-Top, and that was very easy. It was straight. This was curving around a bib, and as much as I LOVE Amy Butler's patterns, the directions are awful. They are very hard to follow and way too long. Well, this morning my three year old was at Pre-School so I decided to tackle it. It turned out pretty good. I still need to figure out how to make it look nicer on the curves, but it's a cute reversible bib with a pocket! (You might notice I like cats).





frontbacklovely little pocket

No comments:

Post a Comment